Who We Are
I’m a stay-at-home mom with a preschooler at my skirt hem, a toddler in my arms, and a third in the oven. I quite like it.
• Kabob: The husband in this clan of ours, and the Love of My Life. I’m glad he picked me.
• Chickpea: Resident mess-maker, cutie-patootie, and sayer of all things funny and wise. We wouldn’t be the same without her, nor would I really be sane have that much to write about.
• Garbanzo: He’s the toddler in the family, born overseas. So far, he’s a very easy guy. We’ll see. Update: He’s still very easy.
• Lentil: The next one to make his debut, in early summer 2010.
We are a family of three four five who is learning how to transition from life in the majority to a life as expats, and now back in to our home culture. But temporarily. We are nomads, more or less.
I like writing, cooking, good books of all kinds, really good coffee made in a French press, good music, quiet mornings, not wearing socks, sewing, crafting, decorating, being with my family, and hanging out with people. I have an abundantly full life, far more than I possibly deserve. I am blessed.
Things I appreciate, having lived in different parts of the world:
- my extended family
- used bookstores
- the Food Network
- central air-conditioning
- driving (never thought I’d say that)
- cheap prices
- cheese varieties
But you know, the way technology is these days, I can’t say that any of these things can shake a stick at the privilege of getting to live our life. Thanks to Skype, the blogosphere, and the Internet in general, the world is pretty darned small. We are blessed indeed.